RSS FEED
The day has come where I need to look at my life and go, "what the fuck Elyse?"

Then again, if I really asked myself, that isn't a sudden realisation. There is no great Epiphany.
There is no great moment where the secrets of the world will be revealed to me.

I've never really used this as the place to think about the world. In all honesty, that is not something I ever want to commit to text. These words will out last the moment, the feeling and more than likely me.
They will be forever locked into something that I may not know.

Today is petty cash day. I sit on my desk surrounded my receipts and the tin. Behind me there is cake, but petty cash day.
One of the highlights of my job here is that I was the one that brought balance to the petty cash. When I first started doing it, it would never add up and so things need to be taken away from it and now as a result I have about $35 of spare petty cash that I generally use to buy birthday cakes because our cake days never fall on days when I have petty cash.
Bringing balance to the petty cash tin. This is a highlight. I did what I had to. The entire thing is meant to balance.
The money taken out and the money received.

So much of stuff is meant to balance.
But it doesn't.
It's not uncommon to hear someone referred to as "unbalanced". Not completely together and all that.

Then the question remains, what is the ultimate aim?
Balance?
Balance on what scale?

What if there is no answer. Looking for the great answer. I don't think it exists.

Angel's epiphany was "If in the end nothing we do matters, then all we matters is what we do"
Sweeney Todd's is that "they all deserve to die".

Oh, epiphanys. They are a little crazy.
Is that even spelled correctly?

I don't know man. We'll see how it goes.

Once again, I should stop writing these at work when I keep getting distracted by work!
Oh, the pain of it all.

'til next time.
I may make more sense.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Return top