RSS FEED

Back to School

Today was that joyous day for parents, retail workers and public transport users, basically everyone but those actually going back to school.

For them it is nothing but torture going from the stress free existence to having to go to school, waking up early, going to class and having to do work or homework and assignments and all that kind of jazz.

That being said, when I went back to school back in my youth I looked forward to it a tiny bit because it did mean I get to see my friends and sit and bitch with them up about the previous class, or whatever we discussed.. It's been awhile now.

After school, my education continued into uni and had 6 months of holidays and much more apathy regarding my study. Which considering was never very high, the complete lack of caring I had for these things is kind of impressive.

But once high school is over, you learn to love school terms because nowhere is packed and gain that disdain for the school kids, while hoping that you were never that obnoxiousness.

This fact never meant more than went I started working at 9, my bus to work was a school bus, a school bus for four schools. Yes, four schools. Those school holidays where the bus wasn't packed, especially with the high pitch squeals that only teenage girls can do.

As each stage of my education came to an end it always came with a no more statement. When I finished each of my HSC exams came with the statement "Yes, no more ".
At the end of Spring Semester, 2007 "Yes, no more full time uni"
At the end of Autumn Semester, 2008 "YES! No MORE EDUCATION EVER!"
I was no longer another brick in the wall.

I was free. I wore my hat and gown, had my name called out to collect my degree, walked across the stage and shook the Chancellor's hand as he called me the wrong number and told me to pose for the photo.

I had my degree, I had letters after my name. It was awesome, but most importantly, no more school. No more assignments. No more lectures. No more exams. Just work...

Oh...

Not that free, but who cares?
I already had a job lined up and was ready to go...

But alas... Not how it works, thus this we are here.

My statement of No more education?
Nothing but a memory, as I once again, join the forces going back to school.

I'm not longer disorientated... That didn't work as well as I was hoping it would.

I'm a student again, I've enrolled, I've registered for classes, have my timetable all set, I had orientation yesterday and am all set to have my first class on Monday.
I live in fear that I will be the annoying mature age student who will be all like "Well, the we do it is this..."
The audio kids seem to be split about half between fresh out of high school and not.

They even provided beer at the orientation and it was regular sandwiches not sausage sandwiches.


I've rejoined the back to the school fold.
I bought my supplies today and by supplies I mean a book to write stuff and colour in the margins.

But I have have the card and I've got the books, now this learning, huh?

Welcome back, Elyse.
Welcome back.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Return top