RSS FEED

My Life is Delicious.

There are 5 websites that I check daily.

1. Twitter
2. Facebook
3. Hotmail
4. FMylife
5. My Life is Average

I check them on my phone on the train on the way to work/uni/where ever I happen to be on the train too.

That's just part of my routine.

I kind of enjoy FML, not by massive amounts, most of the things are definitely in the "You Deserve it" category and some are just a "dude, you need a hug coz that shit sucks". I personally use as an example of a FML is "Today, I found out my boyfriend of four years in bed with my best friend. I had suspected for months that something was going on but she always denied it. They are getting married, she asked me to be a bridesmaid. FML".

For the record, that is made up, but if I find that on FML, I'll just nod knowingly.

It's when it just goes that one thing over the top that makes it gold, it is asking the bestie to be the bridesmaid that makes my fake story for me.

Then we have My Life is Average, which I find hilarious and constantly can make me laugh a little bit. Never on the outside due to the fact I'm on a train and it's best to avoid showing emotion.

The thing with MLIA, is that it started off making fun of FML. The early posts I find much more amusing, since ACTUALLY average.
Here are some good ones:
Today on my way to work I noticed the "low fuel" warning on the dashboard. I pulled over and got some gas. MLIA
Today I checked my PO box to see if that backpack I won on eBay had arrived yet. It hadn't. MLIA
Today was a day like most other days, except that I wore a flannel shirt I found under my bed. MLIA.
Today, I was driving in the rain. I turned my windshield wipers on. MLIA


And this is the one that kind of made the site for me:
Today, I realized that I am unemployed, live with my mother, play video games all day in my basement, and I am still a virgin. It's alright, I finish 9th grade next week. MLIA


This is the one I always use an example:
Today I had rice. I'm asian. MLIA


That one is a real MLIA.

These days MLIA has changed and is all fantastical things, I often doubt they really happen but then I remember the kind of things I do and my friends, then realise, totally could happen.

They are my websites, then one day, I was on a train. Such a new and different event for me, but I was on the way home from the City, when it occured to me that the main reason I go to the City was to go to Pancakes on the Rocks with my friends.
My life isn't average, my life is fucked, my life isn't awesome. MY LIFE IS DELICIOUS!

That's what started it all.
So now, whenever I tweet some good food stories, I end it with MLID.

Because, food is awesome.

Food is a big part of everyone's life, you know, helping us continue to live and all that, but food in itself is awesome.

When I want to catch up with my friends I always suggest going to dinner. There is always some kind of food involved.
My family doesn't give presents for birthdays, but will generally go out for dinner.

Food as a social medium is just awesome.
Food has a associations with so many things, but that is just the act of the meal.

Then there is the food itself. GOOD FOOD, is just unbelievable.
It's like walking into a house and you can smell dinner.
I love walking into the house when Mum is making spagehetti bolangese, which is my least favourite of the pastas, it smells just very good.

I use my Mum's example because she uses more garlic than Dad, and garlic cooking is one of the greatest smells ever.

Mmm... Garlic... Love it!
Roast lamb cooking is also a great smell.

Right now I am just having a montage about great food.

The great thing about food is that isn't just about the taste.

There is also the smell and sound.
The sound is obviously more a cooking process, but I love the sound of French Toast cooking.
The smell also great.

There is just a process.

It's not just one thing that can make the life delicious.
Some times events go to make food better.
Birthday cake is always better then regular cake.

The experience of food is what makes my life delicious.

From the pancakes that I have promised to make on twitter, to the long stack challenge that is regularly performed to the Vienna Schnitzel with just lemon and a fine beer to go with to that fancy dinner to celebrate various things.

Food has been made an enemy and it doesn't have to be. Food is our friend, there are limits of course, but that is a topic for another time.


My food stories have made my life delicious.
What makes your life delicious?



We have a facebook group. Join!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Return top