RSS FEED

Sax on the Beach...

That title is a Simpsons reference. In case no one noticed.

So yesterday, Sam rang me to ask about a guitar she was selling on eBay and while conversing she mentioned she was also selling a sax. An Alto Sax?
Sounds pretty damn awesome.

Though, I have no idea how they ended up with so many musical instruments, but you know whatever.

So I've acquired an Alto Sax, unnamed thus far. I'm thinking it might become "Wilhelm Von Schnitzel". Saxes seem very German to me, ok, maybe not like a Violin, so maybe not. Nah, I do think of jazz, so maybe something cool and jazz like.
Hmmm... to ponder. I'll think about it.

I'm sure I'll think of something. Ok, I probably won't. I'm terrible with names.

My big problem when I played sax as a youngin', yes, I do know how to play. Can I play well? Not so much?
Do I remember all the notes? No.
Do I have any music? Possibly.

Now I have an excuse to start reading sheet music properly.
I'm just slow, I had a look at some theory lessons online. I know all that stuff, so it is way to frustrating to just re-learn it. I just need to practise.

And you know, learn more notes that "B,A,G, C and quite possibly F#.
I should look that up.

At least my mad recorder skillz should improve.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Return top