RSS FEED

The Problem with the Internet

I don't know how well known this is but I have some pretty awesome things in my room.

I have a poster of the London Tube, as in the map, a framed picture of the Cityrail network, 2 NYC subway station signs and a postcard of Flinders St Station on a wall.
I also have two nerf swords on the wall in the cross pattern as well as a poster from an event I had to put on when I was at uni.

I also have some signs that have been made for me.

But no matter how awesome these things are the thing that is on my wall that is TRULY awesome.

Sorry, 2009 Christmas photo and Buff Cooking Team photo with quotes on the frame is that I am a certified nerd.
Yes, on my wall I have a certificate that proclaims Elyse as a nerd.

It's pretty awesome.

So there we have it. Certified nerd, what up?

That really has nothing to do with anything.

I've made it quite clear I spend way too much time on the internet, but this is a little thing about My Life is Average.

MLIA has this BIG thing about the receiving the letter from Hogwarts on your 11th birthday.
I call bullshit on this!

HARRY got his letter on HIS 11th Birthday, which is just a coincident since his birthday is a month before school starts.

You know what really proves this point?
The second book when Ginny gets her letter at the same time as everyone else gets their letter about what books they need, which happened on Harry's Birthday and I'm sure if by freak chance Ginny and Harry had the same birthday it would have been mentioned in one of the seven books, especially since Harry is normally at the Weasley's around his birthday.

Seriously gang, for people who claim to be so hip with Harry Potter you think they'd be able to put this stuff together.

All throughout school my birthday was around the last day, not the last day but it was in the last week.

I don't go around going "oh, it's your birthday, is school going to end now?" No, because that is ridiculous.

If you are going to go around making ridiculous claims on the internet claiming to be Pop Culture's bitch make sure you are a knowledgeable Pop Culture's Bitch, because Pop Culture don't look too kindly to ignorance.

I feel better about that now.
Every time I read it, it makes me sad for these people.

This brings me to my next point is Twitter is doing horrible things to me.

I like to tell stories, normally stupid things that aren't of too much importance but kind of amusing and exciting to me.

I go to tell people the stories in real life and they are all "Yeah, I read that on Twitter".
Come on, man!

This has made me infinitely a less interesting person because I only have so many stories and they normally end up on twitter.

This is not going to end well, I wasn't that interesting to begin with!



Update on my Spike Rant: Have discussed the filming. Don't know when it will happen... If it will happen. My filming schedule is a little bit backed up at the moment.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Return top