RSS FEED

Elyse Harshly Judges Music Messing with Memory.

I recently went on a music download spree. Just for the record, not all music you download is illegal.

I mean downloading is just a phrase you use to say you got something from the internet.
Why are you all judging me?

I'm all about supporting music and small bands and all that jazz.
For example, one of the recent things I downloaded was Bravo, Max!
I totally bought their music because it had an accordion and mandolin in it and more importantly, their name was Bravo, Max!
Yes, it takes little to get my interest. They are a good band, I'm enjoying it.

Anyway, that was me getting defensive about my music habits. The Audio Engineer in me some days feels a need to defend myself against myself. I think I have bigger issues here.

Moving on...

So! One of the things I gathered in my music spree was the soundtrack to the last episodes of season 2 of Glee.
In particular, the songs from the finale. I remember being really unimpressed with the season finale as a whole and that it was a weak finish to what was looking to a promising end. Weak, weak finish.

But as I sit here typing listening to my Glee soundtrack, amongst other thing things which are the Bravo, Max! and my beloved Taylor Swift. I note that I have really really strange music taste.

I keep getting on a lot of tangents tonight, my apologies.
So, listening to the Glee soundtrack, I'm digging it and then I think to myself "Yeah, I should totally rewatch that episode! It would be awesome! Listen to the music!" then no! Just no!
They try and woo me with Puck on an Accordion!
Let's just enjoy that...

You'd think that typing "Puck Piano Accordion" into Google images would give that image towards the top.
And you'd be wrong.

This pic comes up before Puck with a Piano accordion.
And I can't tell, but that might be a mountain goat.
Seriously, what is it with the goats?
If not, what is that? Is it an antelope? 

Going back to my music knowledge.
I dig the songs, but you know what was thing that made the episode a spectacular failure for me.

Patti LuPone.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love Patti LuPone, but do you know why?
Because of this:


She literally stops in the middle of the show's big number to yell at an audience member.
What is best someone did this:


And then she meets Rachel and is all not crazy and all gracious?
It made me die a little bit on the inside.

I also love the internet. Since the Patti LuPWNed is amazing.

However, no matter how much I could understand them not wanting Patti LuPone to not be crazy, which is weird, I really wanted a Rachel Berry vs Patti LuPone smackdown but alas, nothing like that. That would have been amazing.
I guess, Santana having to be held back from a smackdown will do plenty for my Glee and Santana love.

I think it all comes back to the thing I need to remember is that Glee is good for music, terrible for storylines.
But I know this, I accept this.
Plus, I guess, if I really want to continue my Patti LuPone beats up Rachel Berry, there is always fanfic.
Do you think that exists?
Oh, who am I kidding?
It's the internet. Of COURSE it exists.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Return top