RSS FEED

Elyse's Misadventures with Words

Writing short posts freak me out too, but this won't be too long.  By my standards.

I have this terrible problem with words and you know reading, and that is when words are similar I often put in the wrong one.
The best story I have of this recently is that I had an assignment a couple of weeks ago on file conversions, however, in my report, I didn't write the word conversion. I wrote conversation. Over and over again, except in the first incident. So I got it right once, but primarily I wrote conversation.
I didn't notice. How I found out was that they went through the assignments in class. When I wasn't there.
Thankfully, that lecturer didn't care too much about that and I didn't lose any marks, he did find it really amusing though. 

So, yes, I have an issue with words that look similar but are real words. Thankfully, I have spell check every where which makes my spelling better.


Just basically, I quite often make mistakes with the wrong words and spelling, so you'll just have to bear with me.

Is it bear with me or bare with me?
I can't even tell which is right.

So, let's just go with this:



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Return top