RSS FEED

The Saga of My Phone

Today I decided that I hate the new phones.

It's not technology that I hate, it's just new phones.

I remember the first phone I got it was my sister's old phone that used to be my mum's at one stage, it was a brick and that was awesome! This may surprise no one, but I tend to be very accident prone.

The first phone I bought myself was stolen within two weeks from my house, yeah, it was strange, but I received another hand me down phone and it lasted for a good 4 years and served me well.
By the end the case was stuffed and I was the only that could use it because the buttons were weird, it served me well, when I dropped it which was very, very often it would survive. Sure, some times the case came open and the buttons spilled out onto the street. One of those said times the street was Swanson St in Melbourne, is it Swanson St? It's the street that Flinders St Station is on, well that intersects with Fliders St. Oh, that's going to bug me.
Come on Melbourne readers... Reader? Kaylah!

Anyway, that phone served me well.

Then came the day where I thought I should be all old and responsible or something, or in response to having spent $30 worth of credit in about 3 days mainly from making "Marco" "Polo" phone calls.
Either way, the day came, I went on a plan and got me a bright shiny new phone and even included the request "I'm unco, I need a phone that will survive being dropped".

So, I took my phone home on the train and when I got home I played with it a little bit and then went upstairs, upon trying to go upstairs, my phone fell to the ground. It fell and the screen cracked. Yes, this phone I cracked the screen within 4 hours of owning it. My 4 Years of previous phone ownership did not lead to the death of a screen, but not these new phones!

I carried on, I decided that i will go as long as I could before I replaced it. I was told the crack would slowly get worse until I could no longer read the screen.

I did fine for quite a while, I got the gist of most messages and couldn't really tell the difference between Jacob and Rob sending me messages, but I coped. I did well and then I paid my money and got the screen fixed and all was right with the world.

Then came last week or was it the week before?
whatever.

Sometime in the recent past my phone started playing up and would not stay connected and SIM registration failed. My phone had died. It was tragic.
I took it to the Mobile Phone Hospital (That is the name of the shop, that's why I go there. I now hate it so, I won't be there again) and they couldn't fix it. It was tragic, but I soldiered on.
I went to another phone shop that doesn't have such a cool name and they said they could fix it.

It was a joyous moment.
It would take them 40 minutes. Excellent. 40 minutes I could handle. I did some shopping.
I finally found my helmet for my bike, that's exciting. It was hard to find, who knew? But anyway and then back to retrieve my phone.

BUT NO! ALAS! There was a problem with my phone. I have no idea what, the dude said words, I wasn't listening because I was suffering from hysterical deafness, but it would take another half an hour to fix, could I come back?
Sure, sure I could.

Conveniently it was lunch time, so I went to eat lunch.

Then I went back.
Was it ready?

No, another 20 minutes.

I then went looking for boots. I hate shoe shopping, but I really want boots, so I went to Myer. Did they have boots in size 11?
No.
That's why I hate shoe shopping. Finding Size 11 shoes is a bitch, but that's another rant.
I'm mainly looking for boots because no matter how awesome I think these are, it's a line I don't think my nerd factor can cross.

Anyway! Eventually after my unsuccessful boot quest, I still had time to kill so I sat and watched my newly purchased music video on my iPod (Do You Want to Date My Avatar- The Guild... Watch the Guild! It's awesome!) It makes me laugh.

Then I finally got my phone fixed and what not, so now it's all new and shiny and clean.
He said that it will be fine as long as I don't drop it.

So the lesson here is, when it comes to phones I am screwed.
I always drop my phone! Like all the time.
Old phones could hack it.

New phones... They can't!
It makes me sad.


Not as sturdy, but the camera on my phone is about 5 times better than my first digital camera, so there's that.
That means I can be taunted with defeat every time Mary rings me, or see Lexi death stare me every time she rings and then there is Jacob doing a guitar solo on a piano.
Quality pictures.

That I will be able to see, if I don't drop it.
*sigh*
Is this how I'm going to fail life?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Return top