RSS FEED

Trust me, I'm a musican.

I do enjoy writing my Inadvertently Ask Elyse section, which is just what I call it in my head but it was my last post but something I discovered thanks to the comments is that one of the search terms, "Elyse and the Aftermath" is actually a band.

Elyse from Elyse and the Aftermath kindly informed me of this, thanked me for the shout out and then said was going to read the rest of my blog. Which made me feel horribly guilty because as far as shout outs go. That really isn't a shout out at all because I wasn't aware they were band until this afternoon when on the bus I read my email and giggled heartily to myself.

Thus, I decided that hey, I'm going to check out this AWESOMELY named band, because come on "Elyse and the Aftermath" AWESOME. I think I want that on a shirt.
Not because of the association with the band, just coz it's a little bit hilarious.

I particularly like their website because it these quotes:
"Elyse' s soaring vocals and introspective lyrics engaged an enthusiastic crowd that would shout back responses during the between-song banter. The group put on a performance like they were playing for a packed stadium."
Kristin Hauser - LA Music Blog ""
And it cracks me up a little bit to read because it's totally referring to me.
You know how it is.

I actually decided to do a review and I'm not sure if I should be scathing or not in case it gets read by the band and then I realised that is a bit of a cowardly dog move...
My review isn't actually scathing.

There are four songs on the website, that I'm currently listening to.
Three are from the album, which I totes stole the cover of from the website:


It's available on iTunes, which also makes me feel LESS guilty for the stealing the picture.

So, from what I've gathered from the site, it's a four piece band.

Vocals, guitars, bass and drums.
And my first thought it is "wow, those are some clean sounding drums", which is a weird first thought and yeah, I'm totes gonna be the best sound engineer ever.

Shut Up Listen- I have no idea what is going with the synth, but it's very 80s and kind of bugs. It actually reminds me a little bit of the Pseudo Echo version of Funkytown and contrasts a lot with the chorus.
Yeah, I can't even block it out now.
Other than it's the rock fare, but with a nice contrast of someone who can actually sing on vocals, which is a nice change .

So yeah, good kind of pop-rock type sound.
Good sound.

Good name, good sound and who doesn't love some independent music?

Apparently, I also shouldn't feel bad about no doing proper shout outs, but I do like to have topics to write about and considering today was performance day at uni and I spent my afternoon at a pub listening to live music, I'm feeling the music love.

Plus, seriously, they are called Elyse and the Aftermath?
I can't pass that shit up!

So yes, people of the internet feel free to take advantage of my guilt.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Return top