RSS FEED

Side hugs... What's up with that?

Ok, so I'm back for round two of Today's blogging action.

Though, this is a real blog and I filmed the vlog last night, so it evens out!

Comments I have received are: "I can't believe you forgot who Mary was" and "You sound high".
It;s true, I forgot who Mary was, which leads me into this nice segue...

I feel awful that I forgot who Mary was since we are totes BFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (spell check doesn't agreee, sorry McFly) and since she is my partner in crime video wise.

So, to make it up to her, next time I see here, I'll offer her a side hug.

It will look a little like this:

Yes, that is how excited she will be for some Side Hug action!
I actually wanted to edit in some speech bubbles there but have no idea how to. What's the Mac equivalent of Paint?

Anyway, so, I know I make fun of the Christian Side Hug a lot and quite frankly, for good reason.
Since I'm not against the frontal assault hug.


I'm not going to lie, I've front hugged a lot of people in my time, in churches, outside of churches, across the road from churches...
I am going to stop with that.

The thing with hugs, there are heaps of different types of hugs and hugs for all events.
Different people have different hugs.


For example, the "I'm getting out of your car" hug or as I call it the "Awkward Car Hug", it's awkward coz you just can't hug comfortably like that and it kind of is amusing.

That is my standard I'm getting out of your car hug, but some times something happens and it leads to the "I need you to get out of your car so I can hug you properly" hug.
That is generally the "I just said something I probably shouldn't have an feel really bad especially since on some level you know I'm right so now are super upset which adds to the badness and I feel a need to hug you because your upset and I feel bad and need you to realise I feel bad and wasn't trying to be mean" hug.

Then we have my favourite hugs of all kind.
The awkward man hug.
I have two favourite awkward man hug, the third one that is a contender was just way too awkward that I had to walk away from.

Number one: The Fender/Jacob Awkward Man Hug. Tall dude and not that tall dude hug... awkwardly... In front of the entire church as the exchange leaders crosses. There was the stall of "I don't really want to hug you, but I kind of have to since that's the tradition and I did just hug the female leader".
Awkward AND Hilarious!

Number Two of the most awkwardly hilarious man hugs:
The food court at Parramatta Westfields near the station when most things are closed. This really tall guy and quite short guy, obviously friends and one was going away.
So they are talking saying their farewells and it came to the hug, the short guy has gone in for the handshake and the tall guy has reached over for the hug and completely overlooking the handshake.

The height difference made that one since he has overpowered the handshaking guy.
Hilarious!

So, there are different hugs for all different occasions our lives. Thus, we have need for the side hug.

Ok, I keep imagining the side hugging as one sided (As one person is doing the side hugging, the hugger and the huggee as I should put it)
So there are two versions of the side hug...
The Hugger/Huggee... This is clearly the person next to me is upset and I need to show some good vibes, thus the side hug.
The I have something in my hands and thus can't hug you back
The You clearly don't want to be part of this conversation and by being hugged you can't get away and I have you here trapped muwhahahaha side hug... This might by my go to form of Christian Side Hug.

Then there is mutual side hugging which is totally less fun.
It's basically used for photos and standing there in conversation coz otherwise you'd fall over.

I think I've just confused hugs and arms around people.

They are the same thing now.
Suck it up!

How much is Mary gonna kill me for putting that photo up?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Return top